The City of Centralia would like to inform residents about the available clean-up options following the recent storm that impacted our community. They are committed to providing the necessary support during this time.
Curbside Pickup: Now through August 16, City crews will be conducting curbside pickup of limbs and yard waste. Please follow the guidelines below for a smooth collection process:
• Place limbs and yard waste at the front curb in manageable piles (there will not be alley pickup).
• Bundle branches if possible.
• Do not place trash, construction, or hazardous materials with the yard waste.
Drop-Off Site: For those who prefer to deliver yard waste directly, the City has set up designated drop-off site at 100 Johnson St. (Intersection of Johnson and Walnut).
• This site will be operational now through August 11 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• This is for Centralia residents only. Please be prepared to provide proof of address such as an ID or utility bill with a Centralia address. Non-residents or contractors will not be allowed to dispose of yard waste.
• Do not dump yard waste outside of the fenced area at any time.
Burning: As a reminder August 12 and 13 are scheduled burn dates from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Only yard waste can be burned during this specified time.
If you have any questions, please contact the Public Works Department at 618-533-7640.